10.19.2013

WHY WOULD YOU NOT GO OUT FOR A WALKS OR BIKE OR RUN

A YEAR OUT AND ABOUT IN PICTURES
OH..AND A SMALL MESSAGE AT THE END!

It is NOT the end of the year yet, but out with the dogs today I was thinking, in between "Where the ***K is that bloody dog gone now",
at how many bloody fantastic views I have seen over the last 12 months, just by being out there.
And as a bit of a bonus, I have dropped 2 stone in weight as well.

So without any further comment, here are a few pictures from the last 12 months

Oh, and a pretty bloody beautiful song from Viktor Krauss.
Big Log from the Album Far from Enough.
Even better than the version by Robert Plant.



Unless of course you don't like guitar and beautiful songs.
In which case, there is very little hope for you.

Sep 2012 - Peaks camp with Carl and Lynsey
(brill 2 days - ok, not the bloody bracken)
Feb 2014 reunion in Howgills peeps.
Has to be done.
No Excuses - Just Sayin


December 2012 - Flooded Fen


January 2013 - Quy Water Bottisham Fen
Jan 2013 - Quy Water again, different direction

Jan 2013 - Flooded Fens
Feb 2013 - Wicken Fen from Charlie's Hut
Feb 2013 - One of my fav trees at Fulbourn Fen
Mar 2013 - Trees Near Lode Mill
Mar 2013 - Mrs Frog (Snake Pass Fri wander with Carl)
Mar 2013 - Edges above Kinder

Mar 2013 - Lady Bower
Apr 2013 - Bimbling around Dunnerdale Fell
Several Pictures to follow





May 2013 - Fen Growth
OK, MAY is a big month in the Calendar

May 2013 - TGOC Oban Harbour

May 2013 - TGOC Loch Leven

May 2013 - TGOC Looking back to Grey Corries

May 2013 - TGOC Old forest near Luibeg Bothy

May 2013 - TGOC  Alistair's Catering services at Luibeg

May 2013 - TGOC View from Minigaig Party

May 2013 - TGOC The Upper Feshie

May 2013 - TGOC Loch Callater outflow

May 2013 - TGOC Looking down from the Stuic

May 2013 - TGOC les Trois Amigos
Walker, Sloman, & Lambert
What better walking companions could you ever get???
OK.

In all honesty, now't much happened in June.

WORK, WORK, WORK, WORK.......................


Too much work to go away anywhere, but the sun shone and the Fens Lit Up
Jun 2013 - Nests Are Built

Babies Are Born

Glorious Colours transform the landscape


Little bridges are overgrown

And Quy is bathed in sun
By July we had a semblance of Summer.
In fact it was pretty Glorious

July 2013 - Moody Skies in Fenland

More lovely Rivers

And Glotious Fen Sunsets


And Harriet (daughter) and I hit the Peddars way (by Bike)

Jul 2013 - Castle Rising Church

Castle Rising

Peddars Way

Harriet at castle Acre

Views From Peddars Way
August came and saw me off on a trip with Robin to Dartmoor.
I had not been here since I was introduced to Scrumpy Cider at 8 by my parents.
Possibly accidentally, although I was very very quiet on the way home

Aug 2013 - Dartmoor Ponies
The Dartmoor misleading BOG OF DOOM

Fine Views from the Tor


Weathered Tor



It was back to September.

Time to earn some more money, and try and avoid the stupidity of the Open Plan, Air Conditioned, Germ Warfare Breeding Ground that so many have to work in.

Sunset taken from bike in Cambridge

Dinner

Sep 2013 - Swans a Swimming on Quy Water

And then I was lucky enough to do the North Norfolk Coastal Path
An absolute GEM of a walk in my mind.

YOU DO NOT NEED HILLS TO HAVE THE MOST FANTASTIC WALKING EXPERIENCE.

DO NOT BE HILLIST!!!!

Aug 2013 - Burnham Deeping Harbour

Hokam beach

Huts on Hokam Beach

Wells Harbour

Looking out across the Salt Marshes on the way from Wells

View from Sheringham Cliffs
And along came early Oct, when in a fantastic weekend I managed to do a chunk of the Peaks with Martin.

Oct 2013 - Above Alport castles

Oct 2013 - Peaks Bog


Day 1 Camp


Day 2 Views across to Lose Hill
 And finally it was back to generally bimbling about locally with the dogs

Oct 2013 - Fungi at Lode

Oct 2013 - The DAWG's at Quy
Oct 2013 - Autumn Colours near Lode

And to finish up, the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, and the wondrous cathartic value of just getting out there.

At this juncture, yet again,
I would also like to thank Al Sloman (no really I would),
for putting this out there, and publicly (across the entire bleeding internet) humiliating me into facing the dreadful truth of it all.

Me, I'm that fat fuck on the left, at the 2012 Daunder.
Weighing in at around about the 14st 2lb mark :-O
And not really willing to admit to it.

ASHAMED NOW!
OH YES!!!!
BUT NOW!
That is the same Top.
That is the same bloke
Notice the lack of stretch on it now.
12st 2lb.

AND.. All my suits and smart clothes fit again :-)

NEVER GO BACK!!!!!!!!

I REST MY CASE

So do what do you want in your life?
The beauty of all that above (apart from the picture of me)
Or a world and family of this.






I am lucky enough to have two brilliant sporty kids.

Harriet Resting on the Peddars Way Bike Ride

Ollie pre-match training at Shelford, a year ago.
He is even bigger now.
But that is the world that they grew up in.
It is the world they want to be in.
Hopefully it is the world that their children will be in.

(Let's not get into ****ING Wind Power) now

YOU JUST NEED TO GET OUT THERE!

13 comments:

  1. But, Dahling!
    You're.... you're......

    Gorgeous!
    *swoon*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos and I was definitely smitten by the Norfolk charm on the Peddars Way - hills aren't always essential!

    I've lots of Alison Krauss stuff, but I've never heard of Viktor Krauss - wonder why that is?

    Funnily enough, hubby Geoff and I have both lost 2 stone this year too. After half a lifetime of being able to eat whatever you want and it doesn't matter, you suddenly realise that something's changed and the weight's crept on! Nice to get back down to the proper sizes again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Peddars Way is a nice ride, but as a walk a bit dull.
      Whereas the North Norfolk Coastal Park, is a brilliant walk.
      Mind you, I had some good weather.
      Rain lashing off the salt marshes into your face would not be fun

      Delete
  3. Don't know why my comment's appeared twice...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tidied up the comments :-)
      Yep.. I was the same weight for 20+ years and then gradually ........ UP
      All sorted now.

      Delete
  4. Brilliant pics Andy - I'm well impressed!
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers John.

      I just added a couple of Ollie and Harriet, to show the contrast with the one of the fat kids.
      By the way, the over-booties should have been delivered to the address in the US by now.
      They were posted on 10th.

      Delete
  5. They've arrived, I've emailed you directly.
    JJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Magic photos, Andy.

    Us lowland folk have to make the most of our local areas and although the hills are alive there's lots of life closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cracking year so far. Nice one Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too many good pics to pick out my fav but if i'm pushed i will go with the old forest.. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy, there are some stunning photographs there! And well done on defeating that (impressive) belly, I'm still working on shifting my fat arse, but the extra 16 hours a week activity does seem to be having an effect, phew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise...

      Took me a year to get rid of that belly.
      Well potentially 2 years.

      First you have to admit it.
      Then find a solution.

      I used Croyden's 5 day diet.
      Worked for me.

      Of course, I have to not let it slip back over a long period.
      It's the dark winter months that do it

      Delete